Among adults aged 65 and older, falls are the leading cause of injury and trauma resulting in more than 500,000 hospitalizations each year– and more than 25% of seniors do not survive. However, the good news is that falls are preventable through measures aimed to help improve physical frailty.
At SeniorBridge, preventing falls is a top priority. Our Fall Prevention Program is designed to maintain the best functioning possible through physical activity, strength training and care management. Our program features can include:
- An in-home assessment by a geriatric Care Manager
s to help identify risk factors for falls
- Creative strength, balance and flexibility training with exercise specialists who are trained to work with older and physically impaired individuals
- Assistive devices to help reduce the risk of falling and compensate for functional limitations
- Counseling support to help address the fear
s of falling and resistance to accept help
- Holistic wellness services, including meditation, yoga, massage and tai chi to help improve quality of life
- Clinical oversight of all in-home caregivers by nurse and social work Care Managers
- Professional caregivers trained in fall prevention and home safety
Through the SeniorBridge Fall Prevention Program, our clients suffer 60% less falls compared to unsupported seniors, and they have 54% fewer hospitalizations. It’s no wonder that 9 out of 10 SeniorBridge clients would recommend our services to others. To learn more about how SeniorBridge provides healthy outcomes for their clients, click here.